You are using your own PC. Please check which version of Microsoft Office you are using. If you are using Microsoft Office 2016 or 2019, you can skip to step 3. If you are using an older version of Microsoft Office, for example 2013, 2010, 2007 or even older than that, please start at step 1.
Step 1 – Uninstalling Microsoft Office
Older versions of Microsoft Office unfortunately are not compatible with Microsoft 365, so we have to uninstall it first.
- Open the Start menu and go to Settings.
- Select “Apps”.
- Above the list of apps installed on your PC, you will see a search box. Click on this search box and type “Office”.
- Click on “Microsoft Office” and select “Uninstall”.
- Follow the steps in the uninstall wizard and reboot your PC.
Step 2 – Installing Microsoft Office
Now that we have uninstalled the old, incompatible version of Office, we have to install the right version.
- Go to https://login.microsoftonline.com/ and sign in with your @fairandsustainable.nl or @fs-kenya.com account.
- Once you are signed in, you will see a screen with some general information on your files. In the top right hand corner of that screen, you will see “Office installeren” or “Install Office”. Click on that button and select “Premium-apps van Office” or “Office 365 apps”. This will download the setup to your PC.
- Once the setup has been downloaded, run it and follow the steps.
- Congratulations, you have installed the right version of Microsoft Office!
Step 3 – Connecting Microsoft Office to Microsoft 365
You have got the right version of Office on your PC, so we have to connect it to Microsoft 365 to make sure you can collaborate with others directly from Microsoft Office and save your files directly to OneDrive.
- Open Microsoft Word.
- In the top of the Word screen you will see one of two things:
- If you are already signed in with another account, you will see the name belonging to that account. Click on that name and select “Afmelden” or “Sign out”.
- If you have signed out or were not signed in with another account, there will be “Aanmelden” or “Sign in”. Click on that button.
- A screen wil pop up, asking you to sign in to your Microsoft account. Sign in with your @fairandsustainable.nl or @fs-kenya.com account.
- Great, you have signed in to your Microsoft 365 account!
Step 4 – Using Microsoft 365
Now that we’ve set up Microsoft Office, you are ready to start using Microsoft 365. Please click on the button below to continue.